Monday, April 18, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away Come again Another Day





Rain rain go away come again another day, just not a wedding day. Rain! Every Bride's nightmare. Wet hair, wet dress, rained out ceremony or recption, there is nothing good about it...or is there?



When showing the venue to potential bride's, out of everyone of their mouths is "What is the Rain backup plan?" My response, "I have worked here for 6 years and I have never had a ceremony outside be rained out" Which is a true story. This seems to calm their nerves a little. Maybe sometime in my lifetime I made a pact with the rain gods that I didn't know about. The venue does have back up plans, we have a doppler system that lets us know if it is just a passing storm or one that is going to be around a little bit, we can convert the ballroom into the ceremony site, or if they choose we can close the restuarant and the ceremony can occur in there.


This past weekend was a rain nightmare. Hail, tornados, heavy winds. We did have a wedding, but going along the idea about the unknown Rain gods pact, it was an offsite church ceremony. I felt horrible for the bride when I had to tell her that the usual picture area by the lake was too muddy and soggy to take pictures at. I sensed the disappointment, but she went with the flow and used our fireplace instead for formal photos and even snuck outside inbetween storms to get some pics in the 5 minutes of sun we had that day.


I love photographer blogs. You get to see tons of happy pictures and styles of different couples. I especially love those blogs about weddings that were rained and snowed on and the couples used it to their advantage. They get pictures of them skipping through the snow or cuddling under an oversized umbrella. I know all you brides out there will be checking weather.com every second, days before the wedding. If you see rain coming why not run out and get some cute umbrellas. Dollar stores have some cute children's umbrellas full of colors that would look cute for Bridemaid's pictures. Why not reinact Singing on the Rain (I'm a musical lover so this would totally be me!!!)


Yea it will suck not to have pictures in the sun or the ceremony has to be moved inside, but why not use the rain to your advantage. Ask your venue if you can come back another day to get those sunshine pictures outside. You'll be more relaxed and take as many pictures as you want because you won't be worrying about missing any of the reception. Remember Rain is suppose to be lucky and good luck for the marriage!!!

What would you do if you had rain on your wedding day, use it to your advantage? Did you have rain on your wedding day? Care to share your stories how you "survived"?

1 comment:

  1. I soooo hope we dont' have rain on my wedding day! I def. wear my hunter boots under my dress for some pictures though!

    ReplyDelete